Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Where Home Values Are Rising

I talk with people all over the country who are moving to Portland. Those who are coming here from the midwest always tell me that they're shocked by how expensive real estate is here. Those moving from California inevitably rave about how "cheap" everything is here. It's all relative.

But the real estate "bubble" and the "boom and bust" that makes big media headlines isn't happening everywhere. There are some cities that have experienced steady growth and seem poised to continue to do so.

"Portland, Ore., Boise, Idaho, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Houston, Austin, and Charlotte and Raleigh, N.C., are among the cities bucking the national trend. Homes' appreciation there between the fourth quarters of 2005 and 2006 far exceeded the national average of 5.9%."

"While some worry that a new group of cities could face a boom-and-bust cycle, local real-estate agents and economists predict stable growth for the near future. Since the cities have strong economies and builders, lenders and investors are increasingly cautious, homes are less likely to become extremely overvalued than in booming markets in the first half of the decade."

As a realtor in this article points out, real estate markets are locally driven. It doesn't really matter what happened in Miami if your property is in Seattle.

Sphere: Related Content

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy,
Thanks for dropping by.I totally agree with you in that aspect.Becoming debt free is not really a tough stuff if only we keep discipline in our budget.

Search Engine Marketing said...

Very informative post. I don't think I've come across the angle you present the information in a brilliant way.Thanks a lot.

Shirodhara said...

I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!

SEO Manchester said...

I really like this article and you are given here really a wonderful information. I really like the tips you have given..I’m going to bookmark this page so I can return and keep reading.